We fund projects, big and small, that make a real difference to patients and staff
If you are a staff member of St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, incorporating Queen Mary’s Hospital, Roehampton, you can apply for funding. Staff at St George’s, University of London may be able to access funding via our Special Purpose or Research Funds as listed below.
We fund a whole manner of items across five categories:
- Capital projects such as ward refurbishment, gardens and outdoor spaces
- Patient welfare and family experience enhancements such as ipads for patients to stay in touch with their families or ward guest beds for relatives
- Medical equipment such as a state-of-the-art neurosurgical microscope or life saving heart pump devices
- Medical research such as development and evaluation of HPV testing approaches to cervical cancer screening
- Staff welfare and development such as Wellbeing Hubs, Jenner (the new Trust intranet) or a Mobile Panic Alarm System for the Emergency Department staff
We fund a broad range of projects, both small and large, so you are welcome to come to us with your ideas.
The first step is to find a Fund to which you can apply. We have a range of Funds, all with different spend restrictions and objectives.
Special Purpose Funds (SPFs)
We have a wide range of Special Purpose Funds (SPFs), which are pots of money restricted to be spent in line with set objectives. The vast majority of all ideas and projects the Charity funds will come from SPFs, and these should be the first port of call for applicants.
Legacy, Appeals and General Funds
Where projects can’t be funded by an SPF, it is sometimes possible to find a Legacy, Appeals or General fund to cover them. The Charity receives Legacy donations, usually for specific purposes, or we run appeal campaigns (e.g. the Covid Appeal) to raise funding for more immediate causes.
We have special Funds allocated to undertake a research project that will make an impact on patient care within the Trust, its surrounding communities and the wider NHS. Research is usually funded through the generosity of legacies which are designated for specific research areas.
Whether you love to cycle, run or want to take to the skies, we have something for everyone to get involved in.Find Out More
Staff Arts Club
Discover our range of free arts and cultural experiences exclusively for staff.Join today
Not sure if you are in the right place or what to do?Contact us