Turning your support into action!09 April 2020
We are truly grateful to all those who have donated to our St George’s Coronavirus Thank You Appeal so far, the generosity and support of our local communities has been incredible.
Already we have been working with the Hospital to put that support into action, so far you’ve helped us provide
- 125 IPads helping bring patients together with their loved ones remotely
- 50 blood pressure monitors for maternity, helping mothers with complex pregnancies to monitor their own blood pressure and avoid the hospital
- Daily care packs of food, drinks, toiletries and other goods across the different wards.
However, we are only just getting started – below are just some of the ways your donations could make a difference:
- Right now, we are working to create 5 wellbeing hubs across the Hospital, complete with comfortable furniture, with soft furnishings to relax into, gentle lighting, facilities to make a nourishing meal such as fully stocked fridges, kettles and microwaves; a TV and a IPads that will help them keep in touch with their family and the world outside, or simply grab the chance to distract themselves for a few minutes.
- Mental health support for everyone, we know that this is an incredibly stressful and difficult situation for our teams to work in day in, day out. Having expert help on hand whenever they need it to look after their own mental health is vital – now and in the future.
- Using technology to provide care for patients remotely, whether this is video communications or the loaning of specialised equipment that they can use themselves
- Providing support to the most vulnerable patients when they are being discharged – perhaps they live alone and need basic provisions for when they first arrive home – or need us to help them actually get home if they don’t have transport etc
On behalf of all the NHS staff at St George’s, and their patients, a huge thank you! We could not be doing this without your kindness and generosity.